HYIP-Man: Disable Windows Update restart nag
Friday, August 17, 2007
Disable Windows Update restart nag
Windows installed another round of updates and now it's asking you to restart. Again. One simple command line entry can disable this obnoxious reminder. Reader Jack writes in with the trick:
 
To stop this service, open [Command Prompt] (Start>Run>cmd>Enter) and type the following command sc stop wuauserv. This will not prevent Automatic Updates from starting at the next boot. So don't worry, you'll keep getting Windows updates. Just don't forget to restart eventually.
 

Labels:

2 Comments:
Blogger wideworldofroop said...
Thanks for the code, I use it every time.

I just used your code again after having to search (again) for the bookmark to this site. Then I got to thinking...

The little I know about programming, I can utilize. So if I write this code in notepad and made it a cmd file, I could save a little more time.

It's too bad I thought of this idea after I'd already used the command prompt method.

So do you think my cmd would work as I hoped? cmd came up in command on a test but I don't know if I got it right. What do you think?

Blogger S said...