HYIP-Man: Ubuntu developers: Randall Ross: On Changes, Ubuntu, "Magic Spells", and Real Power
Friday, October 24, 2014
Ubuntu developers: Randall Ross: On Changes, Ubuntu, "Magic Spells", and Real Power
Friday, October 24, 2014
In a previous blog post, I hinted at a recent happy development in my life/career that I would like to share with you today... Many of you know me from my involvement in building local communities that are passionate about ubuntu. I've been at this for nearly 7 years now as a volunteer and it's something I'm very passionate about. (Note: Friends and family sometimes use different adjectives.) https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RandallRoss Over this time, I've had the privilege to meet and to work with many brilliant people in Vancouver BC, the community-at-large and also in the part of the community that is Canonical. (Yes, it's all community .) I've met rock stars, both literally and figuratively. They've encouraged and inspired me and finally opportunity knocked, and I answered. I am happy to announce that I am ubuntu's newest Community Manager. My focus (at least initially) will be growing a large and thriving community around the architecture that powers the world's fastest computers. Think really big iron. Think Watson. Think chess. But more than that, think solving real-world problems the fastest way possible, with Power! ubuntu already has the beginnings of a great story on Power. I am tremendously excited about the potential of the "magic" that is ubuntu with Juju and MaaS to launch solutions on Power hardware nearly effortlessly. I'm here to help the community that wants to change the world make that happen. Click me: Push the butt ...

More @