HYIP-Man: Realizing domains still sell for 800k+ has changed my domain squatting tactics
Tuesday, November 27, 2018
Realizing domains still sell for 800k+ has changed my domain squatting tactics
Realizing domains still sell for 800k+ has changed my domain squatting tactics
I recently saw the thread about a company using part (or maybe all) of their series a funding to purchase the domain name covers.com for $825,000 dollars. (https://ift.tt/2SgNbkx) Neat! And excellent news for me as a domain collector. I also use the term collector because while I average holding ~150 domains at any given time (including my prized possession, e.ht), I rarely set them up to be exposed on a potential market. Anyone who has shown interest in a domain did the dirty work of figuring out how to reach out to me. This has worked out and I've actually sold quite a few to some noteworthy groups. For example, the Mormon church sent a broker after LDSMatch.com, and i was able to have a great ROI on a domain that cost me a handful of years worth of ICANN fees. Fast forward to today. I have a domain that is currently being chased by a Godaddy broker representing a client. It's a good domain, consisting of two words and a .com. My intentions before I read about the covers.com sale were to accept the second offer (I typically ignore the first fishing offers), but woke up this morning and changed my email draft. If a single word .com is worth sub one million dollars, with every other TLD option out there right now, two word .coms are definitely worth at very least more than four digit offers. Change my mind.
more