HYIP-Man: Ask HN: How can I learn how to paint?
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
Ask HN: How can I learn how to paint?
Ask HN: How can I learn how to paint?
Hiya, Just wondering if anyone has any advice/anecdotes about learning how to paint? I saw a thread a while ago about working with stained glass that got a lot of interest, and thought maybe the folk here might know a thing or two about this as well. I have really gotten into looking at the works of impressionists ( https://ift.tt/2NY7XUW ) like Monet and Edward Hopper's early work, and would love to try my hand at it. If anything it would be to get more of an appreciation for the art, and as an emotional outlet after writing code every day. I am pretty independent and would like to do as much as I can myself before going to a course and wasting someones time trying to understand things I could learn on my own, and have a better foundation for learning. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
more