HYIP-Man: How fix "can't acess tty" in Feisty Fawn Live CD ?
Saturday, January 05, 2008
How fix "can't acess tty" in Feisty Fawn Live CD ?
many people like me have faced a "can't acess tty" error in Feisty Fawn Live CD while trying to boot from live CD , the exact error is :
/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
I fixed the problem , I was inspired by Ben Colin's comment but I didnt do what he said , as it didnt work for many others , I fixed it in my Shewdiz-ish way .

it seems this problem is happening to those who have more than one hard disk ,
I have two Hard Disks and two disk drives (a CD-RW and a DVD-ROM) ,
I unplugged one of the hard disks and unplugged the CD-RW ,so I had one device on each IDE .
then I put the live CD in and installed the Feisty Fawn Linux .

but the problem is not fixed yet, after you are in ubuntu you should , type this in terminal :
sudo gedit /etc/initramfs-tools/modules
and then add this to the end of the file
piix
and then save the file , and now do this :
sudo update-initramfs -u

now turn off your PC , and then connect your Other Drives cables again and start ubuntu , it should work fine !
+ a Bug is filled for this error in launchpad

source:feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Shevin

Labels: ,